Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Dreaded "E" Word

Truth is I hate exercise. I always have. I don't like to sweat and I don't like to feel the uncomfortableness that often accompanys hard workouts. Despite this, I know that exercise is essential to weight loss and general health. I have been a member of various gyms throughout the years and I usually workout for a month or two and then spend many more months paying for nothing. People have said that I need to find some type of exercise I enjoy, but I don't enjoy any. I am really struggling with this, as my weigh in is tomorrow and I may be disappointed when I step on the scale and I will have my lack of movement to blame.

1 comment:

  1. The only exercise I ever enjoyed was running. From struggling to run 10 yards to running 5 miles a day and heading towards a half marathon. Unfortunately I can't run anymore and I dislike all other exercise except for hiking which is no something you do daily.

    However, I exercise because it is a tool to use for the end goal. I am motivated to lose weight and will do anything I can to achieve that goal.. like giving up pizza, breads, cheeses, chocolate and exercising.

    You just have to decide how bad you want to reach you goal. That determines the amount of exercise. I want it bad, so I exercise a lot.

    How badly do you want it?

    ReplyDelete