Monday, January 9, 2012

Have you ever...

Have you ever felt invisible? Like no one sees you? I feel like I am on a collision course heading straight to hell with some awful decisions I am making in my personal life and all those around me don't even seem to notice. My husband, which is going to be the main recipient of my explosion, has no clue that there is anything wrong. Am I that good of an actress or is he that out of touch with me? I know this isn't directly weight loss related, I am sure these types of feelings is directly related to my weight.

3 comments:

  1. Are you waiting on others to make the first move? It could be a sign for you to make some changes in how you communicate to others BEFORE the explosion. Letting things build up won't be good for anyone. You must be proactive; if you are making awful decisions what do you want your husband to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allowing issues to build up always leads to an explosive conclusion. I am a firm believer in getting issues out there as soon as they occur or after you had time to think about the problem and an approach. I have never seen the result of a build up end productively.

    As to if your husband notices or not.. most guys are clueless or will always do nothing until something is said. When it is revealed as an explosion of issues, the guy will feel attacked and will respond negatively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recommend you lay it out on the table..whatever it is. I can understand your feeling..wondering if he is that out of touch with you. I have been married for 14 years and he is clueless, and I *have* spelled it out..and still doesn't get resolved. It's a great source of stress, but I can tell you this: holding it in and not at least resolving whatever is eating you personally will only damage yourself further.

    I would beg to differ with you in that it IS very much weight loss related. At least in my personal experience.

    Speak up, let your needs be known. Do NOT keep it all bottled in.

    OH, and let me tell ya...KICKBOXING. GREAT stress reliever and awesome way to beat the crap out of something for an hour :)

    ReplyDelete