Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Most Important Thing

After reading so many weight loss blogs and the numerous successes, I have determined that there is one thing that seems to be imperative for weight loss: keeping track of everything you eat. I have started using My Fitness Pal and I love how easy it is to use. I have the app for my iPad and iPhone and they sync, so I can log at work or home and never risk forgetting to log a morsel I have eaten. I think this simple commitment to log everything I consume will make a huge difference in my weight loss efforts. The last few days have gone very well. I was worried that being back at school would hinder my diet with all the candy and goodies we seen to have, but so far things have been relative easy. I was watching Oprah the other day and she said that weight loss is hard work and there is no quick fix or any one diet that will magically make the weight fall off effortlessly. I agree. And I am up for the challenge of the hard work!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Oprah and there is no quick fix. I think you have to find what works for you and STICK to it. If tracking everything works for you thats half the battle solved. My way is a little off the wall and I know I am a little out of step with others ( I don't track or weigh and never have) but it works for me. Something just feels right when you know you are on the right path for you and I really think I can hear this in you when you talk about tracking food. Stick to it, and you are really going to make big changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Track and be 100% honest.

    What makes tracking easier for me is that I know at the beginning of the weekday exactly what I will be eating all the way up to dinner. So I enter it all at the start of the day. If something changes, I just adjust things when I enter my dinner.

    Losing weight is hard.. but if you make it a lifestyle change as opposed to a plan, then I think it is easier, and, there is no end date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also imput all my days food in the morning. It helps so much to keep me on track,

    ReplyDelete